Wednesday, April 26, 2017

GOD'S WORD TODAY

Ezekiel 16:8-14

I made a covenant with you with an oath – word of Yahweh – and you were mine. Then I bathed you in water, I cleansed you of your blood and anointed you with oil.  I clothed you with embroidered cloth and put soft leather sandals on your feet. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with silk.  I adorned you with jewelry, putting bracelets on your arms, a necklace around your neck  and a ring in your nose. I gave you earrings and a magnificent crown for your head. You were adorned with gold and silver; your clothing was fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You were fed on finest flour, honey and oil; you became very beautiful and rose to be queen. Your beauty was perfect and your renown spread through the nations, because of the splendor I had given you – word of Yahweh.



---- Mine, read what I say to you carefully, ponder on the words, and understand what the Lord your God, the Bridegroom of your soul, has done for you; how I sought you and having found you wallowing in the muck of sin, I did not turn away from you or condemn you. Even though you were reluctant to reach out to Me and take my outstretched hand, yet, I wooed you gently. I picked you up and I washed you from all the filth that clung to you until you were clean, I bathed you with oil and I anointed you, I robed you through the Sacrament of Reconciliation with virtue and grace and I taught you to walk once more in the light of Truth. My love strengthened you and I fed you on My Body and I quenched your thirst with My Blood. I made you a new creation and I set you among those who are Mine, who belong to Me. I gave you a place of honor. Do not forget the Covenant I have made with you, it is an everlasting Covenant by which I have bound you to Myself in time and in eternity. Remember to whom you belong, remember always how greatly you are loved and never forget that You are Mine and how much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment