Sunday, May 12, 2013

God's Word for Today

ZEPHANIAH 3:14-20

14 Cry out with joy, O daughter of Zion;
 rejoice, O people of Israel! 
Sing joyfully with all your heart, daughter of Jerusalem!

15 Yahweh has lifted your sentence
 and has driven your enemies away.
 Yahweh, the King of Israel is with you;
 do not fear any misfortune.

16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem:
 Do not be afraid nor let your hands tremble,
 17 for Yahweh your God is within you, 
Yahweh, saving warrior. 
He will jump for joy on seeing you, 
for he has revived his love.
 For you he will cry out with joy, 
as you do in the days of the Feast.

18 I will drive away the evil I warned you about,
 and you will no longer be shamed.

19 On that day I will face your oppressors; 
I will save the lame sheep 
and bring the lost back into the fold.
 I will give them renown and honor 
in all the lands where humiliation was your lot.

20 On that day I will be good to you 
and gather you to make you famous 
and honorable among all the peoples of the earth, 
when I bring back the captives before your eyes,
 – this is Yahweh’s word.

No comments:

Post a Comment