Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Mission Statement as a Catechist

My mission as a catechist is to make Christ known and loved, not as a historical figure or someone we just speak of with reverential awe, but as a personal Lord and Savor.  A God who walks among us and makes His home in us today.

I want Jesus to come alive as we meet Him in the Gospels as we speak of all that He said and did, to understand that He continues to meet and speak to us in our daily lives.

This knowledge must impact our lives in such a way that it stirs in us a response to be like Him and thus fulfil His desire that we strive to be holy and perfect as the Father is holy and perfect.

My mission is that those I catechise will in turn go out into the world and preach the Good News by the witness of their daily lives according to their vocation.

All in perfect harmony with the teachings of Holy Mother Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment