Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vignettes taken from the experiences written by our First Holy Communicants Class, 2011-12

RECEIVING FIRST HOLY COMMUNION


It was a beautiful day on 20 April 2012 when I received Jesus for the first time in Holy Communion.  Jesus filled my heart with happiness and peace.  I want Jesus to remain in my heart forever as my very own, precious and best Friend.

I always wanted to receive Jesus in Holy Communion and at last the Holy Spirit helped me to receive God's wonderful gift, Jesus, in Holy Communion.  I was full of joy and happiness and I know that Jesus will guide and protect me throughout my life because He lives in me and He is everything to me.  Since the day I received Holy Communion, I firmly believe that Jesus is truly present in the Holy Eucharist and He will guide every step of my life. 

- K.  M.

=======================================
 
Going to confession for the first time I was a little scared but Jesus was with me and after I confessed my sins I knew that all of them were forgiven.  I wanted to receive Jesus and when I received Him for the first time I was overjoyed.  Jesus is in my heart and from now on I will not do anything wrong and hurt Jesus because I love Jesus very much.  

- G. D.

*******************************************
My experience of receiving the Sacrament of Confession and Holy Communion was one of great joy.  It was the first time in my prayers that Jesus sat close to me and I was talking to Him.  Before I received Jesus I said a lot of prayers but after my Communion Day Jesus gave me more faith.  On my day of Confession there was a feeling of great sin in me but when I spoke to the priest my heart became lighter than before.  I assured Jesus that never more I shall let God go away from me through sin.  

- H.F.

*******************************************
After my First Holy Communion I cannot wait to go for Holy Mass and receive Jesus.  I feel good inside.  Now Jesus guides me in whatever I do and  I am reluctant to do wrong and tell lies.  I will receive Jesus throughout my life. 

- J. F.

*******************************************
I have decided to obey my parents, teachers and elders.  I took so many decisions on the day of my First Holy Communion.  I am so happy I have received Jesus,.  Through receiving Holy Communion I am hopeful that I will have the qualities of Jesus as a man.  I believe Jesus has entered my heart. 

- J. G.
************************************************
My feelings were mixed up when I was going to make my first Confession and my first Holy Communion.  I was a little excited and a little nervous to make my confession.  I saw the Bishop and I was surprised because he travelled from his country* just to come to our First Communion so it was getting better and nicer.  I pushed away all my fears and everything turned out good.

- K. O.

* This young girl thought our Nuncio (who is Canadian but lives here) had travelled all the way from his home country just for this occasion.

 
***************************************************

I felt like I don't want to sin again because Jesus is in my heart and I made a great confession.  Before, every time I went for Holy Mass I wanted to receive Jesus in Holy Communion and now I can.  After my communion I felt Jesus' life is in my heart and is telling me what is right and what is wrong.  I just love Jesus from the bottom of my heart for giving me His grace and Body and Blood and dying on the Cross for us.  I felt that Jesus was very happy with me when I sacrificed everything for Him during Lent so he made my Communion extra special and is going to make every single occasion very special in my life forever and bless me. 

- L. D.

***************************************************
During my confession I was nervous and shy - I was also shy to confess my sins to God and to the priest.  I think these days that I have to be serious about God.   I was able to get a Bible from my dad.  I have started to become a good sister and a better daughter to my family.

When I received Holy Communion I was excited and I tried not to get nervous but I was a little because I was chosen to read during the Holy Mass.  My parents told me that they were proud of me. 

- L. C.

============================================

I think all of us who receive Holy Communion are never so close to God in this world as when we have just received Him in Holy Communion.

- L. B.
















No comments:

Post a Comment