Thursday, May 28, 2026

JOHN 6:5-6, 8-13 (2026)

JOHN 6:5-6, 8-13

5Then, lifting his eyes, Jesus saw the crowds coming toward him and asked Philip: “Where shall we buy bread so that these people may eat?” 6He said this to test Philip, because he himself knew what he was going to do. 
8One of Jesus’ disciples, Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, said: 9“There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish; but what good are these for so many?” 10Jesus said: “Make the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass there, so they sat down, about five thousand in all. 11Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed them to those who were seated. He did the same with the fish, giving them as much as they wanted. 12When they had eaten enough, he told his disciples: “Gather up the pieces left over, that nothing may be lost.” 13So they gathered them up and filled twelve baskets with bread, that is, with pieces of the five barley loaves leftover from those who had eaten.

---- my own,

It does not matter whether you come to Me alone or you bring multitudes with you. It is all the same to Me. I will minister to each one of them. I will listen to your prayers for each of them. You need not be anxious or overwhelmed at the great need of the whole world. The world is Mine and all that is in it.All you need to do is to approach Me with the little that you have—the little or nothing that the people you pray for have. I will take all that you and they have to give, and I will multiply it. You will see the glory of God manifested in My ability to give to all what they need in abundance, and there will be a great deal left over.I asked Philip a question even though I knew that I would feed the five thousand and more people who were hungry and thirsty for My Word and who were without food for three days. They were fed and nourished on spiritual food.It is imperative for you to know this: without the bread of angels, the heavenly manna, you will perish on the way. All you need is the Bread of Life, and you will have the life in the Spirit in you in its fullness. Temporal bread will sustain you only for a while, and you will get hungry again, but this is not so with the Bread of Life that comes down from heaven.I AM the true Bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this Bread will have Me living in them, and they will receive life. Come to Me daily. Receive Me daily in the Holy Eucharist. Be nourished by Me. Do so with faith, thanksgiving, and expectation that little by little, day by day, you will grow more and more like Me. I will give you all that is necessary to live a life of grace in My Spirit, and you will bless My Name and glorify Me.Do not be anxious about anything, ---- my own. I know exactly how to bless you and those you bring to Me daily in prayer. My hand is never too short to save all. Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment