Thursday, August 4, 2016

GOD'S WORD TODAY

Psalm 46:11

Be still, know that I am God.


---- My own, be still. Let everything within you quiet down, close your ears to every sound around you, and listen to the steady beating of your heart. I, the Lord, Creator of all things seen and unseen who says to the waves, thus far and no further, who calms the storm and gentles the raging wind, am the God who causes your heart to beat, and breathes into you My breath. Should I withhold it you will cease to be. Should I take my gaze away from you you will no longer live. You take so much for granted. Take a moment to understand my invitation to you today and respond  to it. Be still. Step away from all the things of the world and for a moment experience this truth and let it sink into your very being. Know the unknowable, touch, taste God in the Holy Eucharist, and revel in the knowledge that I the Alpha and the Omega loves you with an everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment