Tuesday, August 25, 2020

WORD OF GOD - JN 19:25-27

JOHN 19:25-27

Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister Mary, who was the wife of Cleophas, and Mary of Magdala. When Jesus saw the mother, and the disciple whom he loved, he said to the mother, “Woman, this is your son.” Then he said to the disciple, “This is your mother.” And from that moment the disciple took her to his own home.


---- Mine,

At the foot of the Cross are the three Marys and the disciple I loved. My incomparable Mother and Mary the wife of Cleophas were related. The two were very close and her steadfast presence consoled My Mother in her hour of grief. There there is Mary Magdalene, the icon of loving for love's sake. Having been forgiven much she loves much. And finally, there is the disciple I loved. Of the Twelve he alone remained steadfast to the end. He represents every disciple who loves with an undivided heart. They gladly follow anywhere I lead even to the Cross. To these I give My own beloved Mother. Anyone who receives her receives a treasure. I know because she is My treasured Mother as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment