Friday, August 28, 2020

WORD OF GOD - JN 4:7, 9-10

JOHN 4:7, 9-10

Now a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.”


The Samaritan woman said to him, “How is it that you, a Jew, ask me, a Samaritan and a woman, for a drink?” Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift of God! If you knew who it is, who is asking you for a drink, you yourself would have asked me, and I would have given you living water.”



---- Mine,

I thirst to satisfy your thirst. But the world does not know Me and those who do reject Me. I remain the Stranger at the door. I knock but no one opens. Only a few seek the things that are of God. The world would rather feed at the trough of swine than on the Bread of Angels, the Living Manna that came down from heaven. They would rather drink from broken cisterns than come to Me and drink from the Source of Living Water. If they did they would never thirst again for the Water that I give becomes a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment