Sunday, September 9, 2018

WORD OF GOD

Job 10: 8A, 9A, 11-12

You have formed and made me.
Remember that you molded me from clay.
You wrapped me up in skin and flesh,
knit me together with bones and sinews.
In your goodness you gave me life
and watched over my breathing with care.

----My Own,

I know that you are frail and I know each of your weaknesses. I also know, just as you do, that grace and strength are given to you every time you receive Me in the Holy Eucharist, each time you come before Me face to face in the Adoration chapel, everytime you come to Me in personal prayer. It is not a lack of grace, it a lack of resistance. You do not exercise the gift of self-control given to you. Make the slightest attempt to resist and the rest of the work will be done by the Holy Spirit but the initial step must be taken by you? Seek first to resolutely do what is right and the help to make holy choices will follow. Resist temptation and the grace given you will make it flee.  Desire to please Me more than you desire to pander to your own desires and you will triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment