Saturday, November 6, 2021

WORD OF GOD - LK 11:16-17

LUKE 3:16-17

John answered all of them by saying, ‘I baptize you with water; but one who is more powerful than I is coming; I am not worthy to untie the thong of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing-fork is in his hand, to clear his threshing-floor and to gather the wheat into his granary; but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.’ 

---- mine,

Understand who you are and to what extent your vocation as priest, prophet, and king extends within your calling and submit in all humility to it. Do not boast, do not think yourself better than others because you think you know a little more, or are marginally better read, or believe you have made some small advance in your spiritual life. Never forget that it is the least in the Kingdom of God who is exalted and those who exalt themselves will find themselves in the last place. You are the least of the least because you have a long road ahead of you before you can make any claim to attaining spiritual growth or growth in sanctity. Recognize your limitations and rely wholly on My grace and in the power of My Spirit at work in you. Without Me and My Spirit, you are nothing and can do nothing. I AM the Lord your God it is I who make all things possible, I and no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment