Thursday, March 25, 2021

WORD OF GOD - MK 14:36 (LENT 2021)

MARK 14:36

  ‘Abba, Father, for you all things are possible; remove this cup from me; yet, not what I want, but what you want.’

---- Mine,

When you have to undergo intense suffering at different times in your life remember, I understand. I know what it means to desire to run away from the cross. I knew exactly what was in store for Me and I wanted to flee. I knew the number of lashes that would lacerate My Flesh. I knew the exact number of blows that would I would

receive on My Face, and on My Body. I knew every vile and foul word that would be uttered by my torturers. I knew who would speak calumny against Me and what they would say. But more than all the physical sufferings was the knowledge of every sin for which I had to atone - beginning with the first to the very last sin that humankind would commit. I knew the number, their gravity, their utter foulness. This was the greater weight, the greater cross, the unutterable foulness of sin whose putrid stench covered Me like a heavy blanket that smothered Me. So, yes, I do understand when you suffer - so come to Me, talk to Me, ask Me for help, grace, and strength, and I will help you carry your cross because I understand. a

No comments:

Post a Comment