Thursday, September 23, 2021

WORD OF GOD - LK 14:26-28

LUKE 14:26-28

‘Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry the cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not first sit down and estimate the cost, to see whether he has enough to complete it?


---- mine,

Many hesitate to follow Me afraid of what they will be asked to give up for My sake and for the sake of the Gospel. These are the ones whose hearts and hands are closed because they are afraid to trust Me or because they put relationships or worldly interests over Me and My call to discipleship. When you count the cost yes, it is true, the more you give up the more will I ask you to, until you yourself will eagerly, voluntarily, and joyfully give all even your life for Me in exchange for the incomparable ecstasy of being a part of the wondrous plan of God for all who lose the world and everything in it for My sake and for the sake of the Gospel will inherit the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment