Saturday, June 13, 2026

LUKE 10:40-42 (2026)

LUKE 10:40-42

40 Meanwhile, Martha was busy with all the serving, and finally she said: “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do all the work? Tell her to help me!”
41 But the Lord replied:
“Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things,
42 but only one thing is truly needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

---- my own,

Oftentimes, while you believe that you are with Me, your heart is far from Me. My gaze is on you, and it grieves Me deeply when I sense the distance in you. Your mind wanders, you allow the troubles of the world to occupy your thoughts, and these anxieties, worries, and fears create a distance. They become barriers that prevent you from truly experiencing My Presence, My closeness to you, and My longing for you to truly place all your hope and trust in Me. 

Worrying can do nothing except fill you with dread. All you need is Me. Draw near, sit at My feet, keep your gaze on Me, listen to Me, and pay attention to all that I have to say to you. Lean on Me, come close, and I will draw you against Me so you can lean your head against My breast as My beloved disciple.

I long to be close to you to comfort you in all your trials. I desire to be closer to you than you are to your very self, and this is possible if you only draw near to Me and permit Me to draw near to you.

Contemplate the two sisters, Martha and Mary. They both represent you. While Martha means well and is a kindly and generous soul who loves greatly, she misses the whole purpose of My visit to their home. All I desire is nearness and your close attention to the Word of Life that I desire to give you.

So while Martha has her place, when you are with Me, be like Mary and permit nothing to take away from you the better part of closeness to Me and oneness of heart with Me. Stay with Me, and I will stay with you. Desire it, will it, ask for it, and it will be given to you. For no one who asks for more of Me will be denied. I came that you may have life and have it in abundance. Always choose the better part, as Mary did.

No comments:

Post a Comment