Thursday, February 15, 2018

WORD OF GOD

Matthew 20:18-19


“See, we are going to Jerusalem.
There, the Son of Man will be betrayed
to the chief priests
and the teachers of the law;
and they will condemn him to death.
They will hand him over to the foreigners,
who will mock him, scourge him and crucify him.
But he will be raised to life on the third day.”

---- Mine,

As you enter into this sacred time in the Church's calendar I want you to dedicate these days into truly entering into the mystery of My passion and death so you will have a little taste of its fruit when you celebrate the feast of Easter.  

The verses begin with the word 'see', resolve to really focus your attention on this particular period of My life as the Son of Man goes to Jerusalem. Remain with Mary, My Mother at the foot of the Cross as goes into the pangs of labor a second time and gives birth to My Body the Church. 

The people in authority the Chief Priests and the teachers of the law rejected Me and gave Me up to the gentiles making them complicit in the dastardly act carried out by  foreigners who carried out the evil act of Deicide. They along with My own people band together to mock Me and spit on Me.  I will be scourged until My flesh is torn into purple ribbons hanging from My Body, they will drag me up the hill of Calvary bearing the Wood of the Cross that will become the Altar of Sacrifice and provide the wood to be burned consuming Me whole in a most bloody and horrific sacrifice.  I will give up Myself entirely to the Father in expiation for your sins and those of the whole world.

Take no part of the journey with Me for granted; meditate on, contemplate, and allow the experience to form and shape you enabling you to become a better, more committed disciple. Walk with Me on this journey, keep Me company, stay at the foot of the Cross with Mary My Mother, the disciple whom I loved, and the woman Mary of Magdala who understood the meaning of love because of her many sins that were forgiven. Stay close to Me and My Spirit will remain in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment