Saturday, September 5, 2020

WORD OF GOD - MT 27:26B, 28-31

MATTHEW 27:26B, 28-31

---- Mine,

After having me flogged Pilate handed me over to be crucified. They stripped me and dressed me in a purple cloak. Then, weaving a crown of thorns, they forced it onto my head, and place a reed in my right hand. They knelt before me and mocked me, saying, 'Hail, king of the Jews!' They spat on me took the reed from my hand and struck me on the head with it. When they had finished mocking me, they pulled off the purple cloak and dressed me in my own clothes, and let me out to be crucified.

It is easy to read these over-familiar words and after a while not be quite so overwhelmed by the description of the events that took place over 2000 years ago. Now read it again, this time as if it was I writing a first-hand account of what I underwent for you personally, and know that I did it gladly, for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment