Sunday, January 17, 2021

WORD OF GOD - DT 5:9-10

DEUTERONOMY 5:9-10

I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

---- Mine,

The grave sin of parents is their failure to keep My commandments, to abide by the teachings of the Church, to grow in the faith given to them as a gift, and the greatest failure of all is not making make even the feeblest attempt to hand it down to their children. This is how children are punished by the iniquity of their parents. But those who keep My commandments and are faithful to the teachings of My Church, and lovingly and patiently teach their children to do the same by word and by example, from one generation to the next, to these I will reveal my steadfast love to the thousandth generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment