Monday, June 27, 2016

GOD'S WORD TODAY

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love Me, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul and with  all your strength. 


---- Mine, I do not ask you to love Me, but I command you to do so. Love your Lord and your God in full measure. I do not desire a wishy washy, sentimental, maudlin love but a love that is robust, mature, single minded, and complete. A love that cannot be measured and does not count the cost. A love that can be depended upon in every season and in all circumstances. I do not desire a love that is here today and gone like the morning mist at the first sign of the cross and suffering. Love Me as I have loved you - give Me a love that wakes you up in the morning with the sole purpose of doing all things to please Me and when you go to sleep at night you are filled with joy that you have spent all your waking hours striving with all the fervor of your soul to return love for love. It matters not to Me that you will never love Me as I love you but it pleases Me that you have truly tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment