Tuesday, May 30, 2017

WORD OF GOD

Psalm 107:9

He quenches the thirst of the soul
and satisfies the hunger of the heart.


---- Mine, do you recall the time when I stood in the temple and I invited all who were thirsty to come to me and drink? I assured them as I assure you today that if you drink of the life giving water that flows from My side, streams of living water will gush from from you too, welling up to eternal life.  Water gushing forth from the rock when Moses struck it is a symbol of the living waters of baptism as well as the outpouring of My Holy Spirit. Today I invite you once more to quench your thirsty soul and feed your hungry heart with water that will not run out and food that will satisfy. The food given to God's people in the desert, manna, prefigures the Bread of Life, the new manna, the Eucharist, without which your soul would perish as you journey from this life to the next. Take eat and drink of what I give freely it costs you nothing and you receive the fullness of life and of grace that will enable you to be perfect as My Father in heaven is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment