Sunday, December 9, 2018

WORD OF GOD

Mark 15:15, 17-20

As Pilate wanted to please the people, 
he freed Barabbas; and, having had Jesus flogged, 
Pilate handed him over to be crucified.
They clothed him in a purple cloak, 
and twisting a crown of thorns, 
they forced it onto his head. 
Then they began saluting him, 
“Long life to the King of the Jews!” 
With a stick they gave him blows 
on the head and spat on him; 
then they knelt down, pretending to worship him. 
When they had finished mocking him, 
they pulled off the purple cloak 
and put his own clothes on him. 
The soldiers led him out of the city to crucify him.


---- My Own,

Think about this - the minute you decide to please anyone other than Me you can be certain that you are on the slippery slope to sin. Pilate wanted to please the people rather than follow his own instincts and the advice of his wife and he handed Me over to be crucified. Remember that God has the power to draw good out of evil and if you yield your life to Me you will see that I will always make something beautiful out of the most difficult situations in your life.

Take a moment to consider all the soldiers did to Me. They made a parody of crowning Me, kneeling before me in mock worship, putting on Me a purple cloak signifying royalty, then after they were done with tormenting Me, they took it off put My own garments on Me and led Me out of the city to crucify Me. Unbeknownst to them, everything they did fulfilled a greater plan and testified to the Truth of Scripture in the Old Testament. 

They caused all the Blood in My Body to be spilled in fulfillment of every prophecy that was made. I was sacrificed on the wood of the Cross, and offered to the Father as a pleasing Sacrifice, the only one that has power to take away the sins of the world. They crowned Me with thorns, the Father has crowned Me as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. They offered Me mock worship, the Father deigns that every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess to His glory that I AM Lord. They put on Me a purple robe mocking Me because I said that I Am a King but that My Kingdom was not of this world. Then they took it off and put on Me my own garments. 

Having laid My Body down, I have taken it up again in a glorified Body. 

So ---- Mine, remember, that if You yield to Me, all things will work for good in your life bringing glory to Me and forming You in My image and likeness. Be still and accept the cross when it is laid upon you, and in humility and surrender, come follow Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment