Monday, May 30, 2022

WORD OF GOD - PS 51:17

PSALM 51:17

The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

---- mine,


I have given the Church My power to forgive sins. The Pharisees were scandalized when I said to the paralyzed man, 'Son your sins are forgiven,' and rightly so for God alone has the power to forgive sins. When I went on to heal the man commanding him to walk, I proved that I Am God. Sin, especially grave sins, shut the door to grace and to My infinite mercy. I long to forgive every sinner all their sins but My Father wills that sinners first acknowledge their sins. Like David, every sinner needs to know the gravity of their sins. Unless a sinner approaches me with a contrite heart and a broken spirit, in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, specifically instituted by Me so that the floodgates of My Mercy may open and wash them clean of all stain of sin including the punishment due to sin, there can be no forgiveness. It takes humility, obedience, and courage to confess Your sins to a priest. Do it often and you will receive all the graces and help you need to grow in holiness and perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment