Friday, January 5, 2024

MARK 6:54-56 (2024)

MARK 6:54-56

When they got out of the boat, people at once recognized him, and rushed about that whole region and began to bring the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. And wherever he went, into villages or cities or farms, they laid the sick in the market-places, and begged him that they might touch even the fringe of his cloak; and all who touched it were healed.

---- mine,

During the three years of my public ministry, hundreds and thousands came to Me not only to hear Me but more often than not they came to be healed. When news of My Presence in the vicinity spread like wildfire there was no stopping the crowds who descended in hordes. They carried their sick laid them down before Me, and begged that they could touch Me or even My garments and yes, all who touched Me were healed. Now consider this - today neither you nor anyone needs to travel long distances to see Me. I AM with you and I AM your food in the Eucharist. When you eat My Flesh and drink My Blood we are one in a union that surpasses and is far more intimate than the union between spouses - this divine intimacy is a foretaste of heaven. Come to Me and receive Me often and begin even now to hunger and thirst for eternal intimacy with Me in the life to come in the Kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment