Friday, July 24, 2020

WORD OF GOD - MK 8:34-35

MARK 8:34-35

Then Jesus called the people and his disciples, and said, “If you want to follow me, deny yourself; take up your cross and follow me. For if you choose to save your life, you will lose it; and if you lose your life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, you will save it.

---- Mine,

There can be no half measures in following Me. Your commitment in being My disciple involves giving all of yourself unreservedly. Many refuse believing the cost too high. What are you clinging to and are fearful of being asked to give up and let go? All worldly things eventually decay and die, only the things of the Spirit are eternal. Today I invite you to have a share in the paradox of the Kingdom of God to experience joy in the midst of sorrow, plenty in the time of want, to give in order to receive and to lose your life for My sake in order to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment