Friday, October 13, 2017

WORD OF GOD

Psalm 81:6-8

“Open wide your mouth and I will fill it, 
I relieved your shoulder from burden; 
I freed your hands. 
You called in distress, and I saved you; 
unseen, I answered you............."

---- Mine, not only in the Holy Eucharist do I fill your mouth with the Bread of Life and the Wine of Salvation, but I also fill your mouth with the sweetness of My love. Every time you read My Word, each time you wait on Me with all the fervor of your soul in prayer, I console you with the consolation that can come only from the Bridegroom of your soul. I  fill your mouth when you come to Me in your hunger and thirst with the confidence of a child, like a fledgling that knows instinctively that it will be fed when its parents are near.  Each time you called on Me, My Father, or our Holy Spirit when you felt the burden press upon you and weigh down your shoulders; we came to you and relieved you. How often even before you were visited with difficulty, we came to your help and delivered you. Be strong! Have courage! You will never be alone.

1 comment: