Wednesday, April 12, 2023

JEREMIAH 9:23-24 (2023)

Jeremiah 9:23-24

Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord.


---- mine,

Consider this, what is it that I require from those called by my Name? Reflect on how I have been leading you recently what have you learned about what pleases Me? What have I taught you and what have you now come to understand? You have wailed you have questioned, you have wept often and you have complained both loudly and silently and almost always bitterly about having to undergo suffering - and all this during the season of Lent. You have also prayed constantly and you have been attentive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit you learned the lesson that I desired to teach you and in understanding you have found some measure of peace. This peace will increase the more you surrender the more you acquiesce to My will. I desire you to come to Me on My terms not on yours. When you come to Me on your terms you have received your reward because you flatter yourself whether you are aware or not. However, when you wait humbly for Me to reveal what I want of you and only then do as I ask you are pleasing to Me. Do not presume, do not assume, do not rush in every direction busily doing this and that under the mistaken notion that you are pleasing Me this is pride. Rather, listen quietly and humbly, and attentively to what the Holy Spirit asks of you in prayer and only then 'act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment