Tuesday, February 28, 2017

GOD'S WORD TODAY

Luke 9:23

"If you wish to be a follower of mine, deny yourself and take up your cross each day and follow me."

---- Mine, tomorrow will begin the season of Lent. The words I speak to you today are My instructions to help you have a fruitful and grace filled interlude with Me. It will help you follow Me more closely, love Me more dearly and obey Me more faithfully. It is hard to be in the world and not be of it, this is why you are given this time for prayer, reflection, self discipline; to give not only your money but more importantly of yourself. It is a time to ponder on, reflect and enter into the final days of My life on earth and with the help of My Holy Spirit to enter into My and taste of the cup that leads to salvation. Follow Me! Deny yourself even of legitimate pleasures in order to discipline your desires, wants and appetites. Pick up the daily cross of self giving and self sacrifice, embrace it; for it is only through the cross that you can have a share in the crown of glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment