Saturday, December 9, 2023

MARK 8:34-35 (2023)

MARK 8:34-35

He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it.

---- mine,

I invite not just My disciples but everyone to follow Me, to walk with Me, and have fellowship with Me. All who accept My invitation to deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me will drink deep from the fountain of life and live. In this life choose to journey to the Kingdom of God by choosing the narrow way. Enter by the narrow gate of suffering. Receive the cross that I lay on you with fortitude and joy, it is a gift. Accept it gladly for it is only through suffering that you can be purified, sanctified, and strengthened. Only through suffering can you become the person that God created you to be. Spend your life generously for My sake and for the sake of the Gospel and I will give you My life in abundance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment