Wednesday, December 20, 2023

1 KINGS 8:28-29 (2023)

1 KINGS 8:28-29

Have regard to your servant’s prayer and his plea, O Lord my God, heeding the cry and the prayer that your servant prays to you today; that your eyes may be open night and day towards this house, the place of which you said, “My name shall be there”, that you may heed the prayer that your servant prays towards this place.

---- mine,

This prayer and plea that Solomon, son of David My servant,  made long ago have been heard and answered eternally. While the house of prayer that Solomon built was a structure of stone, mortar, bricks, and encrusted with jewels and inlaid with gold, silver, and other precious metals has long since been destroyed and lives only in memory it was only a foreshadowing of the true place of worship that the Son of David, the Son of Man, and the Son of God has established in every human heart that is grafted to My Body. It is in this temple of the Holy Spirit within you and within all My people on which My eyes gaze on night and day for it is here, on the human heart that belongs to Me, where My Name is inscribed indelibly. Every prayer, every sigh, every tear, every cry of praise, joy, adoration, jubilation, and worship, as well as every wound, and sorrow, heartache, and heartbreak are known to Me. I hear all, I see all, I am present in every moment of your life because you belong to Me not only in time but eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment