Friday, December 8, 2023

MATTHEW 16:24-26 (2023)

MATTHEW 16:24-26

Then Jesus told his disciples, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit them if they gain the whole world but forfeit their life? Or what will they give in return for their life?

---- mine,

What I said to My disciples then I say to you now and to every follower of Mine who desires a closer relationship with Me as My disciple - nothing less than complete self-denial is necessary if you desire to be united with Me and with My Father in the bond of love of the Holy Spirit. Anything that separates you from Me and from My love and form allowing Me complete freedom in doing what I will with you hinders perfect union with Me. If you wish to save your life, if you wish to be Mine in this life and eternally in the next, if you wish to live a life of perfect peace amid turmoil, if you wish to experience joy amid sorrow, love amid hatred, envy, and discord, then ---- my own, you have to deny yourself anything that is an obstacle to the total giving up of your self and your will, gladly embrace the cross every moment of every day and follow Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment