Friday, November 24, 2023

PSALM 119:67, 71 - (2023)

PSALM 119:67, 71

Before I was humbled I went astray, 
but now I keep your word.
It is good for me that I was humbled,
so that I might learn your statutes.

---- mine,

You will admit that this is true of you that when things are going well you become prideful, filled with complacency, tend to boast and preen with self-satisfaction as if all God's blessings were owed to you, or that you were owed all the good things that were given to you as pure gift. When your life was free of sorrow, troubles, and affliction you did not think of  Me, you did not rejoice in My goodness and you failed to praise Me for all the blessings that were granted to you. Instead, you acted as if they were rightfully yours. This is why ---- my own, I have sent you many trials, and afflictions, and you were and are given many great sorrows. They have made you humble and have taught you that you need Me and that without Me you can do nothing. Now you know how weak you are and that human wisdom and human strength count for nothing. It is only after you were.  brought to your knees over again, and even as you continue to shed many tears to this day, you finally understand that with Me with you nothing is impossible. Even as you walk through the deepest, darkest night if you cling to Me you are invincible but apart from Me, you can do nothing. Divine Wisdom and understanding are the fruit of denying yourself, taking up your cross daily, and following Me, there is no other way to attain true joy and freedom in this life and perfect joy in the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment