Monday, March 7, 2016

GOD’S WORD TODAY

Sirach 39:5-6
Early in the morning his heart is set on turning to the Lord, his Maker, and raising his being to the Most High. He opens his mouth in prayer and makes supplication because of his sins. If such is the will of the great Lord he will be filled with the spirit of discernment. He will then speak words of wisdom and celebrate the Lord in prayer.


---- My Own, How much it pleases Me when you wake up early every morning to spend time with Me. I know that often you are tempted to lie down a little longer but you wake up quickly, fall on your knees and turn your heart and mind to Me. You then spend the first hour of your morning in my Presence attentive to the sound of my Voice, praying and praising, and contemplating my Word in Scripture. You listen to what the words are saying to you, with the help of My Spirit you discern the words of wisdom and how it applies to you. You derive strength from my promises, you let My word repose in you, revive you, and help you grow. My Word is a light to your feet and a lamp to your path, You will walk by its light always.

No comments:

Post a Comment