Thursday, September 7, 2023

MARK 8:34-35 (2023)

MARK 8:34-35

He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it.


---- mine,

Today I make this clarion call to all of you who are My disciples, you who are called by My Name, as well as to the whole world. Let all those who have ears hear, those who have understanding listen and obey. This is an urgent call here and now to forget yourself, and purge yourself of all attachments and attractions that bring you death rather than life in My Spirit. Anyone who desires to follow Me must lose themselves in Me, strip themselves of all inordinate desires that wound the body, the soul, and spirit, and bring death. I desire to give you life in abundance but first, you must pick up your cross daily, joyfully, promptly, obediently, humbly, and come after Me and I assure you that not just you but your entire household will be saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment