Sunday, April 21, 2024

LUKE 5:3-6 (2024)

LUKE 5:3-6

Jesus got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little way from the shore. Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat. When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, ‘Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.’ Simon answered, ‘Master, we have worked all night long but have caught nothing. Yet if you say so, I will let down the nets.’ When they had done this, they caught so many fish that their nets were beginning to break.

---- mine,

The crowds were pressing around Me on the shore all of them eager to hear the Word of God, the Eternal Word, the Incarnate Word speak and teach. To make myself better heard I got into one of the two boats the one belonging to Simon and asked him to take it a little from the shore. It was not a random but deliberate choice as everything in Scripture is, everything in God's Word is a promise, a revelation, and fulfillment. Simon's boat represents the Church I founded - I AM its Cornerstone and Peter is the Rock on which I have built it and you, ---- my own, and your family are in this Boat and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it. Put out into the deep unless you do all your endeavors will yield nothing. Leave the shore with all its vain distractions and in obedience to My Word, let down your net which represents your dreams, your ideas, your aspirations, your will, and be prepared to be wonderstruck and amazed at what God can do when you yield, surrender, submit in humility to My will. Your heart will not be able to contain the tidal wave of graces and blessings that the Holy Spirit will pour on you and everyone you bring with you to Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment