Friday, June 23, 2023

LUKE 7:44-47 - (2023)

LUKE 7:44-47

Then turning towards the woman, he said to Simon, ‘Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has bathed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which were many, have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little.’

---- mine,

My gaze is always turned toward you, it is unwavering, because I delight in looking at you. I want you to know this unequivocal truth I AM aware of your love for Me. I AM aware of your great desire to love Me more fervently, more ardently, and with a love devoid of self-interest and self-gratification. You have come a long way in your journey turning away from the world and fixing your sight on the ultimate prize, which is union with Me. Just as I saw the contrite woman who repented wholeheartedly of her past sinful life and for all the years she spent in dissolute living and self-love giving visible expression to her sorrow and her new-found love for Me in every one of her gestures, I SEE YOU. I came to seek and save the lost - this is My burning desire that not one whom the Father has given Me should be lost. The greater the sin and separation from Me the more fervent the sorrow for sin and the greater the ardor of the love of the truly repentant sinner. Be of good cheer, ---- my own, I have overcome and conquered the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment