Friday, June 30, 2023

SONG OF SONGS 8:6-7 (2023)

SONG OF SONGS 8:6-7

Set me as a seal upon your heart,
   as a seal upon your arm;
for love is strong as death,
   passion fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
   a raging flame.
Many waters cannot quench love,
   neither can floods drown it.
If one offered for love
   all the wealth of one’s house,
   it would be utterly scorned.

---- mine,

If you desire to know what true love is like look at the Crucifix on it Love was immolated for you. Love is dying to self. Love is laying down one's life for the good of the beloved. Love is not self-seeking but is oriented always to the best interests of the other no matter what the cost to oneself. This is Love not that you love Me but that I loved you first. Before you ever knew Me I knew you, I thought about you, I desired that you be born, and I desired that you would never be separated from Me. Sin brings death and eternal separation and because there is always the clear and present danger that you would in moments of weakness choose death over life My Father and I made a Way to snatch you from the very jaws of death. I did so by paying the price that sin demands. My death in exchange for your life. Sinners cannot save themselves a sinner needs a Savior, a Redeemer, a Lamb of Sacrifice. I was slain ---- mine so you could live. Because I paid the price for you a life of eternal joy awaits you as co-heir in My Kingdom. This love of God is given to you freely, it is poured out over you as a libation and binds you irrevocably to My Sacred Heart making you a child of My Father. You, my beloved, are Mine and I AM yours in time and in eternity. Rejoice, little sister, as heaven rejoices because you belong to Me now and forever. Remain in My love.

No comments:

Post a Comment