Wednesday, May 22, 2024

EZEKIEL 16:8-14 (2024)

 EZEKIEL 16:8-14
 

I passed by you again and looked on you; you were at the age for love. I spread the edge of my cloak over you, and covered your nakedness: I pledged myself to you and entered into a covenant with you, says the Lord God, and you became mine. Then I bathed you with water and washed off the blood from you, and anointed you with oil. I clothed you with embroidered cloth and with sandals of fine leather; I bound you in fine linen and covered you with rich fabric. I adorned you with ornaments: I put bracelets on your arms, a chain on your neck, a ring on your nose, ear-rings in your ears, and a beautiful crown upon your head. You were adorned with gold and silver, while your clothing was of fine linen, rich fabric, and embroidered cloth. You had choice flour and honey and oil for food. You grew exceedingly beautiful, fit to be a queen. Your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of my splendour that I had bestowed on you, says the Lord God.

---- mine,

You were conceived in sin, original sin. I washed you in the waters of baptism and I cleansed you. I made an everlasting Covenant with you and bound you to Me. My love, like a cloak, represented by your baptismal robe, covered your nakedness and I declared you to be Mine in time and in eternity. I anointed you with holy oil and I sanctified you. I put My Holy Spirit in you and He has adorned your soul with the ornaments of precious graces and virtues. I feed you on the finest wheat in the Holy Eucharist for you feast on the flesh of the Son of Man and drink the sweetest honey which is My Blood. 

A good confession makes your soul exceedingly beautiful. Keep your soul free from sin. Avoid contaminating it with the things of this world. Align your will with Mine and desire only that which will bring you, and I will crown you with splendor. It is My Father’s will that as co-heir you too will have a share in My inheritance.

 ---- my own, remain in my love always, and even amid sorrow I will bless you with lasting peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment