Thursday, May 2, 2024

LUKE 9:23-25 (2024)

LUKE 9:23-25

Then Jesus said to them all, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?’


---- mine,

If you hanker for a life of ease and comfort, a life without sorrow, suffering, and trials you will never know joy or peace. If you are always looking for ways to escape the cross you will soon discover that there is neither peace nor joy in a life that seeks to be free of suffering. What I said to my followers at that time holds true today and until My return. You must constantly wage battle against the clamoring desires of your flesh, the temptation to seek and indulge in worldly pleasure, recognition, and approval. You cannot save your life unless you lay it down for your brothers and sisters for My Sake. Ask the Holy Spirit to empty your heart of all that is not of Me and ask Him to fill it with My life and My love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment