Tuesday, May 28, 2024

LUKE 9:23-25 (2024)

LUKE 9:23-25

Then Jesus said to them all, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?

---- mine, 

I have many fair-weather friends but few who love Me, listen to Me, and keep My commandment. My Word is true – you cannot be My disciple if you do not imitate Me. There is no other road to Me and to My Father’s house except by Way of the Cross, the way of suffering, the way of self-abnegation, the way of sorrow. If there were any other Way do you not think My Father would not have spared Me the utter humiliation and the ignominy of the crucifixion? I love you, ---- my own, and where I AM I desire you to be. Keep the cross ever before you and when you are invited to suffer, kiss the cross, and embrace it as I did. It is better to lose your life in this world for My sake and for the sake of the Cross than to gain all the riches of the world. It is in dying that you live and are born to eternal life. Embrace the Cross in this life ---- my own and I will give you the crown of salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment