Saturday, May 4, 2024

LUKE 13:24-25 (2024)

LUKE 13:24-25

‘Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. When once the owner of the house has got up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, “Lord, open to us”, then in reply he will say to you, “I do not know where you come from.”



---- mine,

The door is not narrow for those who have stripped themselves of all that is not of the Kingdom, who have emptied themselves of the things of the world, of self-will, self-indulgence, and have clung to Me in faith. They carried their cross daily with love, faith, trust, and humility and followed Me. But those whose souls are bloated and coarse by giving themselves over to the world, the flesh, and the devil will find it impossible to enter through the narrow gate. When the hour arrives for Me to return in glory, I will come and take all My little ones. They will receive a share in My inheritance. But those who refused to hear My Words and obey My commandments will find the door locked and the gates shut. At that time they will knock and plead for the door to be opened to them but I will say, “I do not know where you come from.” You have today, the present moment, ---- my own, to listen to My Word and keep it tomorrow may be too late. Remain faithful today, in the present moment so You will not hear Me address those dreaded words to you, Depart from Me, I do not know where you come from."

No comments:

Post a Comment