Wednesday, November 30, 2016

GOD'S WORD TODAY

John 5:30

.......... I seek not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.

---- My own, this is the key to living a life in the Holy Spirit. If you desire to please the Father and Me in all things you must actively and prayerfully discern God's will in  your life; only then will you will know the peace that the world cannot give. From all eternity my food and drink has been to do My Father's will. This is the source of all my power and all my joy. My love for My Father is what consumes Me to carry out all that He desires to do in the lives of all His children. 

If you enjoy so many good and perfect gifts, the gift of redemption, the gift of salvation, the gift of the Holy Eucharist, the gift of experiencing God in a real and tangible way through the power of the Holy Spirit, and even more substantially when You receive Me Body, Soul and Divinity in the Holy Eucharist, this is all because it has all been My Father's will for you. You owe My Father and your Father a grateful heart for none of this would be yours had He not willed it. Seek His will in all things and you will enjoy plenty in the midst of want, joy in the midst of sorrow, laughter in the midst of tear, gain in the midst of loss and love in the face of hate, persecution betrayal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment