Monday, May 29, 2023

2 MACCABEES 6:13-16 (2023)

2 MACCABEES 6:13-16

God is showing his kindness when he does not let sinners continue on their way for a long time, but punishes them at once.
As for the other nations, the patient Master doesn’t punish them until they reach the full measure of their sins.
But he deals with us in a different manner: he does not wait until we have reached the full measure in order to punish us.

Therefore he never withdraws his mercy from us, and does not abandon his people, even when he punishes us with some adversity.

---- mine,

I know you are suffering because those who are nearest and dearest to you are suffering. It is your suffering that has drawn you close to Me. In your misery you run to Me, you cling to Me, you cry out to Me day and night for relief, for healing, for conversion, and restoration. I assure you I hear every cry, every sigh, every prayer that you pray aloud or as you moan in your heart. I have seen your tears and I have collected each one of them. Take heart from the words of the writer of Maccabees, he rightly points out that I, the Lord your God, have brought low because of sin. It is necessary. Had I not punished as I have done the ruin and destruction would have been complete. I will never withdraw My mercy from those who are Mine. I will never abandon your children. Yes, I punish with adversity that I judge to be appropriate. It will last until the purpose for which the chastisement purifies and brings the soul to true repentance and conversion. Fear nothing. Do not lose heart. In the end, as I have assured you, My hand will save. Your son will live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment