Sunday, February 25, 2024

MATTHEW 15:25-28 (2024)

MATTHEW 15:25-28

But she came and knelt before him, saying, ‘Lord, help me.’ He answered, ‘It is not fair to take the children’s food and throw it to the dogs.’ She said, ‘Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.’ Then Jesus answered her, ‘Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.’ And her daughter was healed instantly.

---- mine,

Pay close attention to the faith of the Canaanite woman who approached Me to heal her daughter tormented by a demon. Note her manner in approaching Me and her dialogue with Me. She cried out aloud and made her sorrow known to Me. I remained silent but that did not deter her. She cried out even louder, and My disciples urged Me to send her away. Instead, I told her that I had come for the lost sheep of the people of Israel. She persisted even though I put her off saying it was not right for Me to take away the bread that was reserved for God's people and feed it to the house dogs. Her faith remained steadfast and she continued to plead humbly, ‘Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.’ I praised her faith and healed her daughter immediately. This is the kind of faith I desire of you, ---- my own, I want you to ask, seek, and knock persistently. Do not give up, and do not get discouraged, the longer you wait for an answer to your prayers let your faith be steadfast and grow stronger in confidence that in the end, I will hear and I will answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment