Thursday, February 15, 2024

PSALM 51:16-17 (2024)

PSALM 51:16-17

For you have no delight in sacrifice; 
if I were to give a burnt-offering, you would not be pleased.
The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

---- mine,

No, I have no delight in any sacrifice, My Father, delights in no sacrifice that you deem acceptable the only sacrifice that pleases God is one of humility, true sorrow and contrition for sins, and the firm resolve with the help of the grace granted by the Holy Spirit to sin no more. I desire you to strip your heart of all attachments to the things of the world, the flesh, and the devil. I desire you to keep before you always your awareness that you are weak, you are sinful, you will fall a hundred times a day, you will choose to sin willfully and this is why you need to keep your gaze on Me always. Be still and know that I AM God and with Me, you can do all things. Ask and you will receive the Holy Spirit who will grant you every grace and blessing that you need to live a life wholly pleasing to Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment