Saturday, April 7, 2018

WORD OF GOD

Mark 8:34-45

“If you want to follow me, deny yourself; 
take up your cross and follow me. 
For if you choose to save your life, 
you will lose it; 
and if you lose your life for my sake, 
and for the sake of the gospel, 
you will save it.

---- Mine,

In this life, there will be difficulties, troubles, and hardships. There will be times of joy and times of sorrow, a time to laugh and time to weep. There is a time for heartache and heartbreak, a time when you will be lonely. A time when nothing will go the way you desire it to. There will be times of crushing sorrow.  It is at these times I want you to remember what I say to you today. The cross is from where you will derive strength, grace, courage, lift your eyes and keep your gaze on Me when you are called to bear it. The struggle will be a little easier to endure. 

Contemplate My Wounds, the many time when I feel under the weight of the Cross.  The times when I thought it would be impossible for Me to get up and go on. But I grit My teeth and I looked deep into my soul and I found within Myself as a Man, resources of strength that I thought was impossible. But it was there. You see the Holy Spirit gives everyone who is grafted into My Body great reserves of courage, endurance, patience, and long-suffering. Learn self-discipline self-mastery, learn to accept that which you know is laid upon you by the will of My Father; and above all else, I am with you every step of the way. Your cross is laid on Me as well. I will help you to carry it step by step, lean on Me, trust Me, walk with Me, endure with Me. Weep on my breast and I will console you and remain with you until the storm has passed. Be of good cheer ---- Mine, I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment