Thursday, June 20, 2024

MATTHEW 14:23-32 (2024)

MATTHEW 14:23-32

And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but by this time the boat, battered by the waves, was far from the land, for the wind was against them. And early in the morning he came walking towards them on the lake. But when the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified, saying, ‘It is a ghost!’ And they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them and said, ‘Take heart, it is I; do not be afraid.’

Peter answered him, ‘Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.’ He said, ‘Come.’ So Peter got out of the boat, started walking on the water, and came towards Jesus. But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, ‘Lord, save me!’ Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, ‘You of little faith, why did you doubt?’ When they got into the boat, the wind ceased.

---- mine,

I want you to note carefully the sequence of events and listen as I speak to you through each of them. When you pray leave everything behind and let your heart, mind, and soul rise up to God. Rest quietly in Me. It is not necessary to say many words let heart speak to heart. I will quiet and gentle your soul. I will strengthen your will. I will pour My grace and fill your life with blessings not as you wish but according to My will - I know what is needful for you. After the time spent with Me, you are ready to go out and face the storm. Never forget for an instant that you are never alone. If you do, the wind, the waves, and the storm will overpower, overwhelm you, and terrify you and you will lose your peace, and fear will gain control over you. If you lose sight of Me call My Name and you will hear My voice saying to you, ‘Take heart, it is I; do not be afraid.’ Be as bold as Peter and ask to come out of the boat and walk on the water and I will invite you to do so. Nothing in your life may change but as long as you keep your gaze and focus on Me all will be well. However, if you are distracted by the storm, the wind, and the waves that clamor around you then fear will get the better of you, and overwhelm you causing you to sink. But all is not lost, call My Name, cry out to Me as Peter did, ‘Lord, save me!’ And I will immediately reach out My hand and catch you. Fear paralyzes the soul but faith conquers all. Have faith and do not doubt. With Me in the boat of your life, the wind will cease, the storm will die down, and I will take you safely to the place where I desire you to be. Remain in My love.

No comments:

Post a Comment