Tuesday, October 8, 2024

1 KINGS 17:13-14 (2024)

1 KINGS 17:13-14

Elijah said to her, ‘Do not be afraid; go and do as you have said; but first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterwards make something for yourself and your son. For thus says the Lord the God of Israel: The jar of meal will not be emptied and the jug of oil will not fail until the day that the Lord sends rain on the earth.’ 

---- mine,

Do not be afraid for you have nothing to fear. You have God with you, God who created you, God who redeemed you, and God who sanctified you. You are being renewed daily, hourly, from moment to moment in My image and likeness. Do not be afraid ---- my own, I say this to you constantly for I know that you are weak and you allow your troubles, your sorrows, your grief to overwhelm you. I have poured Myself as an oblation for you and for love of you and I ask that you strive to do the same. A life is well-lived only when it is lived for others. Do not become closed in on yourself that is the way to decay and ruin rather lift up your eyes to Me see how I loved you and know that I have loved you to the end. Remain in My love and the more you give yourself away the more you will find that the jar of meal will not be emptied and the jug of oil will not fail until I take you home to Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment