Wednesday, October 16, 2024

SONG OF SONGS 1:1-4 (2024)

SONG OF SONGS 1:1-4

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth!
For your love is better than wine,
your anointing oils are fragrant,
your name is perfume poured out;
therefore the maidens love you.
Draw me after you, let us make haste.
The king has brought me into his chambers.
We will exult and rejoice in you;
we will extol your love more than wine;
rightly do they love you.

---- mine,

My Holy Spirit rests on you, He abides in you, He brushes your lips with the gentle, softest of kisses reminding you to whom you belong in time and in eternity. Love Me, ---- my own, the world is cold, the world is indifferent to Me. The world laughs to scorn the very things that will save it. But you, and my faithful remnant console Me. But you are not as fervent as you ought to be. Ask and you will receive a spirit of greater love for God and for the things that are eternal. The things of the world are fleeting. All that the world has to offer is empty pleasures like grass and the flowers in the fields here only for a day, tomorrow, both grass and flower wither and fade. Belong to Me wholly do not give Me a divided heart, a distracted love, a part-time attention. I want all of you or nothing at all for I have given you all. I poured out My life for you that you may live. How well have you appreciated the things that I obtained for you at the cost of My Life, My Blood, by the agony in the garden, the scourging, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross, the death by crucifixion? For all the blasphemies, the mockery, the blows, the tearing of My beard the spittle, the scorn, the unbelief, the abandonment of My friends? ---- mine, what return will you make to Me for your salvation? I want nothing to do with part-time love and indifferent affection. Give Me all or nothing. Ask and the Holy Spirit will give you a heart on fire with passionate, burning, all-consuming dying to self-love for Me if you only really and truly desire it and the cross as well. Are you ready? Are you willing? Are you able?

No comments:

Post a Comment