Wednesday, August 14, 2024

ECCLESIASTES 12:1, 7, PSALM 39:4-5, PSALM 71:9

ECCLESIASTES 12:1, 7

Remember your creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come, and the years draw near when you will say, ‘I have no pleasure in them’; and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the breath returns to God who gave it.

PSALM 39:4-5

Lord, let me know my end,
   and what is the measure of my days;
   let me know how fleeting my life is.
You have made my days a few handbreadths,
   and my lifetime is as nothing in your sight.

PSALM 71:9

Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
   do not forsake me when my strength is spent.


---- mine,

Your days on earth are fleeting whether it is but a moment you live or a hundred years they are all gone like a puff of smoke and then comes judgment. Reflect on what your life has been thus far how have you lived it? Soon you will not wake up to another dawn, another sunrise, you will sleep and your body will be consigned to the earth and you will return to dust.  How will you live now, while it is still today? reflect on the eternal, on what brings life and not death. Now is the time, this is the moment, this is all you have the present. Live it wisely, live it well, live it in faith, hope, and love, and keep your gaze fixed on Me. Keep your hand in Mine, and I will direct your way and will in the way of life so where I AM you too may be. Do not be afraid but walk confidently knowing that I will not leave you nor will I forsake you for as long as you will it, for as long as you desire it, for as long as you say yes to My will, you can never be snatched from Me. Be still and know that I AM God and that you, ---- my own, are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment