Sunday, September 29, 2024

HOSEA 2:14, 16, 19-20 (2024)

HOSEA 2:14, 16, 19-20

Therefore, I will now persuade her,
   and bring her into the wilderness,
   and speak tenderly to her.

On that day, says the Lord, you will call me, ‘My husband’, and no longer will you call me, ‘My Baal’. And I will take you for my wife forever; I will take you for my wife in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy. I will take you for my wife in faithfulness; and you shall know the Lord. 

---- mine,

Listen, still your heart, the clamor of the world, and your selfish desires. Quiet your soul and you will hear Me speak tenderly to you, words of comfort, words of assurance, words of promise, words of love. I forgive you. I know you are sorry for wounding Me so often by your lack of fervor. I forgive you for the times when you prefer other things, other pastimes, and other distractions to spending time with Me. I know that your flesh is weak, ask ---- my own, and I will help you to overcome your concupiscence. Ask for all that you need to be pleasing to God and I will pour grace upon grace into your heart. Ask for My Holy Spirit and He will come to you and strengthen you. He will help you if you will only permit Him to. How often you forget to act and to live as a member of My Body, My Church, My bride. You called Me the Bridegroom of your soul but you live as if we are strangers especially when you give in to frivolous distractions that do nothing to help you grow in holiness and perfection. But do not be discouraged you can begin anew, you can always begin anew. Desire it, will it, ask for the graces you need and it will all be granted to you. Allow My Spirit to guide and direct you and listen to to Him. Let love rule your will, prompt your actions, your thoughts, and your words and soon love will prevail over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment